Did you know you can lose weight while enjoying an awesome night of fine dining? Yes, it’s called eating seafood at Salt & Barrel!
We’ll gladly show you how to shed a few pounds, all while enjoying some clams, salmon, or a nice poke bowl.
Why Seafood Helps You Lose Weight
There are several reasons why seafood can be a great metabolic catalyst.
- It’s easier to limit your caloric intake.
- Eating seafood doesn’t force you to pack on tons of calories. Even bodybuilders (those trying to ADD weight in the form of muscles) love to consume fish because it’s the most efficient way to gain protein without too many calories. Whether you want to add muscle, lose weight, or improve circulation, seafood consumption is one of the most efficient methods.
- Fish items are a great source of healthy fats.
- Always remember that it’s not the lean saturated fat that makes you fat. It’s usually junky carbs, trans fats, and other processed foods that are the culprit. Your body not only digests healthy fats better, it uses them as a more optimal fuel source.
- They pack a nice helping of protein also.
- Starvation diets rarely work, which is why we like the seafood approach. Once you consume more tuna or salmon, you’ll appreciate how satisfying they are, as well as all the extra energy you get. One of the tricks to losing weight involves getting more protein and Vitamin B-12. Fish never fails to deliver in either regard.
Outstanding Seafood Entrees & Starters at Salt & Barrel
Hopefully, that gives you a broader perspective on the health benefits of a pescatarian diet. Now, we’d like to show you a sample of how you can enjoy fish for lunch or dinner at Salt & Barrel.
When you first arrive, you’ll want to start your meal with one of these nutritious options:
- Tuna Tartare - This raw seafood item gives you a delightful mix of tuna, guacamole, and tortilla chips.
- New England Chowder - Here’s a classic that gets even better with bacon, oyster crackers, and paprika oil.
- Octopus - Maybe this seems like a lot for a starter, but octopus is super healthy and your friends will love the way our chefs expertly prepare it.
Then we have these fan-favorite fish entrees.
- Salmon - This goes so well with our California-made Braeburn Chardonnay.
- Scallops - Like the salmon, it makes for an entirely gluten-free experience.
- Miso Glazed Cod - It’s a fairly large meal, but a nutritious one adorned with hearts of palm salad, charred corn, and several herbs and spices.
We offer so many wonderful ways to eat healthy without sacrificing taste. Plus, it’s also good for your heart to drink a glass or two of wine. So, if you’re looking for a nice way to stay lean, eat clean, and enjoy the scene, come visit us at Salt & Barrel. Call us to make a reservation at 631-647-8818.