Two of our most popular menu items are New England Clam Chowder and Baked Clams, and it’s easy to see why. This seafood favorite has been a mainstay in our region for a couple hundred years now.
They not only taste good, but clams are a tremendously healthy seafood item. Here’s all you need to know regarding the health benefits of consuming more clam meat.
Ultimate Benefits of Clam Consumption
- You can improve skin complexion by eating clams.
- That’s because clams are rich in Vitamin C and iron, which contribute to collagen synthesis. Collagen is the substance most associated with youthful skin and a radiant complexion.
- They’re a terrific energy source.
- Have you heard of Vitamin B12? It’s the essential vitamin for anybody who wants more energy. You can either get it by joining us for half-priced oysters during Happy Hour, or by ordering a nice clam dish. Either way, shellfish have tons of B vitamins to help you get over that difficult end of your workday.
- You can improve blood function and eliminate high blood pressure.
- One key to reversing high blood pressure is to include more potassium in your diet. If you’d like something with less sugar than bananas, then clams are the way to go for optimal potassium levels.
- Clam consumption helps ward off Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- You can avoid Rheumatoid Arthritis by obtaining higher levels of selenium. We’ve spoken with many folks who have experienced relief from joint pain by adding clams and other seafood to their diet. If you suffer from agonizing inflammation, it’s well worth a try.
- Like other seafood, there’s plenty of clean protein.
- Any seafood dish, provided it comes from a fresh source, will give you some of the best protein without having to eat too many calories. This is one of the best ways for pregnant women or immune-compromised individuals to safely obtain more protein.
We hope this gives you further motivation to visit us for dinner and try a nice bowl of New England Clam Chowder. You won’t regret it when you taste the fresh clam mixed with paprika, cream, bacon, potato, and oyster crackers.
Salt & Barrel is the best place in Bay Shore for seafood, cocktails, and a delightful dining ambiance. Even if you’re not a clam enthusiast, we have dozens of other appetizers and entrees, all cooked and served with the aim of 100% customer satisfaction. You can learn more about clams and cocktails by contacting us at 631-647-8818.