We celebrate Happy Hour every day we’re open (Monday through Sunday, excluding Tuesday) at Salt & Barrel. This coming November 12th, however, gives us even more reason since that’s when we commemorate National Happy Hour Day.
National Happy Hour Day
Where does Happy Hour originate?
When the sailors aboard the USS Arkansas (circa 1913) wanted a distraction during long tours at sea, the ship’s administration instituted an early version of Happy Hour. This included fun activities like dancing, boxing matches, and drinking.
Since the 18th Amendment (in 1917) banned the sale and consumption of alcohol, small businesses would sneak around Prohibition by offering “cocktail hours” that had to be kept secretive. The famous speak-easies did this for years until Prohibition finally ended, and the more modern Happy Hour replaced the once clandestine practice.
We suspect the idea for National Happy Hour day was somebody’s random Internet idea, but we hardly need an excuse to celebrate at Salt & Barrel.
Why Do Happy Hour at Salt & Barrel?
Salt & Barrel believes in earning your patronage. We know that you have a choice of quality places you can go for Happy Hour” href=”https://saltandbarrel.com/happy-hour/”>Happy Hour, so it’s up to us to make it worth your while. What are the best reasons to try Salt & Barrel?
- ½ Priced Oysters from 3 to 6 p.m!
- $3 Off Seasons Cocktails
- ½ Price Well Drinks
- CBD Infused Cocktails (anytime)
- Enjoy lots of wine and cocktail variety served by a wonderful wait staff.
- Our downtown location has some of the best nightlife in a gorgeous part of Bay Shore.
- We’re an outstanding cocktail bar/restaurant with a solid 4.4 review on Google Reviews (over 700 positive reviews).
Specials & Happenings at Salt & Barrel
What else do we do at Salt & Barrel? Drink and food discounts aren’t enough to satisfy on their own. We’re also the best place in Bay Shore for hosting your next event. Whether it’s a corporate party, a birthday, or a shower you can contact us at OYSTERCATERING@SALTANDBARREL.COM for more details.
- New Fall Cocktail and Food Menu
- Sunday/Mondays – Burger night $16 and Lobster Rolls $32
- Wednesdays – Pasta night is $35 and comes with a biscuit, a choice of chowder or seasonal salad, 1 choice of 3 kinds of pasta, and a sweet treat.
- Thursdays – Happy Hour extended all night long + ½ price apps with any entree.
Join us at Salt & Barrel for fine dining and Happy Hour. If you’d like to learn more about National Happy Hour, offerings, or menus, please check us out on Instagram, Facebook, and the web SALTANDBARREL.COM